It was only a matter of time. The school in the next city over closed down due to the coronavirus a few days ago. I informed my 14-year-old her high school would be the next domino to fall. It happened yesterday.
Covid-19 is giving my kid a coronacation.
And if you haven’t figured it out, a coronacation can be described as coronavirus + vacation.
While adults scramble for toilet paper and soap in the aisles of Target and other stores, kids are enjoying some rest and relaxation.
And what are we doing for coronacation?
I’m glad you asked.
Here’s a shortlist of our Covid-19 inspired time off.
- Checking in on those lovable corgis Maple and Morty
- Binge-watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- Wondering if this is a black swan event that will ruin Trump’s reelection chances.
- Considering how weird it is for people to horde toilet paper.
- Wondering how much toilet paper is required to seal up every door and window to my condo in order to keep Covid-19 out.
- My kid binge-watching that old school anime Inuyasha.
- Making jokes. This one was inspired by a story I saw on CNBC. It was about a Chinese executive who had all of her employees work at home for the last month. She is realizing a lot of meetings don’t need to be held in person. After watching it, I came up with this joke.
I don’t know what you’re doing during this crisis. Hopefully, you’re safe and finding whatever humor you can during the coronapocalypse.