Director of Marketing
OnlySky Media, Inc.
Location/Work Schedule: Full-time, Remote with flexible schedule, Monday through Friday
About the Role
You are a seasoned growth marketing and communications professional ready to successfully lead the introduction of OnlySky into the national media marketplace, and drive its growth. You have a track record of significantly increasing visibility for an organization and supporting program staff in prioritizing and communicating out key messages in order to maximize impact and the ability to attract users, partners and members. You have designed and implemented strategic communications plans, managed external relationships, and are ready to tackle building a strong strategic and operational marketing plan for the company from the top of the funnel down to the bottom – experienced in both performance marketing and brand marketing. You are passionate about the company mission and hold values of diversity, equity and inclusion as central to your work. You have excellent written and oral communication skills, experience with social media, and digital media, and are both creative and deadline-driven. You are eager to roll your sleeves up and get work done yourself, but you also have the ability to manage others (whether internal staff or external vendors).
That said, we know there may be great candidates who do not think they fit into what we’ve described above and they are excited and/or have important skills we haven’t mentioned above. If that is you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself!
Our company is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as practiced values in the workplace. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and consider it critical to our mission to employ a staff that is representative of the diverse community we seek to serve.
- This role is for a growth marketer ready to lead a team from hundreds of thousands to tens of millions (visitors/users/registered members) through focused, iterative, and community-centric experiments that will quickly identify, measure, and report on the most efficient growth levers and the metrics that validate them.
- Collaborate with company staff to design, build and implement overall company growth strategy and then own execution, engagement, and measurement
- Help set and then meet annual growth and revenue goals
- Create and lead a culture of accountability by setting-up, measuring, and reporting on growth focused metrics/KPIs alongside the Engineering and Data teams
- Drive the creation, measurement, testing, and improvement of engagement and acquisition funnels
- Work alongside colleagues across the organization to develop benchmarking and improvement of common revenue and growth data points such as ARPU, CAC, LTV, churn, retention, etc …
- Work with the company in-house ‘Creative and Content’ professionals to produce omni-channel storytelling that drives awareness, engagement, acquisition, and retention
- Plan and implement email marketing strategies that improve list growth, list hygiene, deliverability, and open/conversion rates
- Plan and implement upper funnel branding campaigns that introduce OnlySky to relevant audiences
- Work closely with the Content and Community team to develop and execute on a clear content strategy that fosters engagement at each stage of the acquisition funnels
- Drive training and improved utilization of core marketing tools across email, CMS, CRM, and automation by becoming company’s MarTech systems ‘expert’
- Lead the engineering and marketing teams in improving the efficacy of landing, product, and content pages
- Lead growth oriented and paid advertisement working closely with the company Creative team
- 10-12 years of work experience with at least 5-7 years of growth marketing experience and a record of leading growth.
- 3 or more years in a high-growth media, SaaS, or digital consumer environment
- Demonstrated experience working with or within underserved populations
- Expertise in Organic, WoM, Email, and Experience marketing are the areas where you excel — can discern when and how you would leverage each
- Experience with and knowledge of paid and retargeting, experience managing social marketing and ad spend at scale
- Experience establishing and driving the use of marketing automation as a service (Hubspot, Marketo, Adobe, etc…)
- Knowledge of levers, patterns, and paradigms and understand the differences, tradeoffs, and when to leverage multichannel vs omnichannel, organic vs paid, focusing on retention vs acquisition, pushing for breadth vs depth, etc.
- Willing to get your hands dirty and create solutions in the midst of ambiguity and, at times, with limited resources
- Understands the value of cross-functional collaboration towards better understanding and serving customer needs
- Autodidactic…the one to bring back the article, the publication, the post etc…on growth, metrics, strategy, and emerging tactics. Up-to-speed on current digital and social trends and best practices
- You are creative and have a sense of humor
- You have a demonstrated interest and alignment with our mission
- Permanently authorized to work in the US
Instructions to Apply
Submit a resume with a cover letter (optional) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please explain your interest in the position and what you would bring to the company and the team. Be prepared to share references and a portfolio of previous work examples relevant to the essential job duties, upon request.
About The Company
OnlySky Media, Inc. is a new, independent digital media company that delivers world-class journalism, storytelling, and commentary from a secular perspective. We are focused on advocating for and serving eighty four million+ religiously unaffiliated Americans across digital, podcasts, streaming, live events, video and social media. We are a mission driven private company, and our content and community platform is designed to inspire cultural and civic engagement.
The company is an equal opportunity employer that highly values team diversity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law.