Lead Video Producer/Editor
OnlySky Media, Inc.
Location/Work Schedule: Full-time, Remote with flexible schedule, Monday through Friday
About The Role
OnlySky Media is looking for a creative and resourceful Lead Video Producer/Editor to work on compelling original video for OnlySky Media’s video business. You will work on projects ranging from unique editorial long-form video for YouTube, to custom commercial content, short form UGC and TikTok original videos.
You’ll have a technical and creative background in video producing and storytelling and know your way around a video camera and the latest software tools for production and post-production. You are an innovative professional, who can develop and pitch compelling creative concepts, as well as come up with new ideas on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have production, shooting, editing, graphics and sound design experience. You’ll also have worked in multiple content genres, from comedy to factual, scripted to unscripted. You have a natural understanding of social platforms, digital formats, and current content trends. You can work quickly and independently – with a let’s-get-it-done attitude and a willingness to manage a variety of programs, work to tight timelines and provide exceptionally high-quality creative content. You enjoy creating great relationships across the team, working with exciting concepts, and have an obsession with creating high-quality, highly shareable editorial and branded content.
- Organise and deliver high-quality videos quickly and independently.
- Manage internal systems and be technically responsible for post-production.
- Create, shoot, edit, and produce custom videos.
- Create ideas for, and experiment with, new formats and content types.
- Collaborate with the creative team in the ideation of concepts.
- Come up with ideas that suit various social media platforms.
- Lead new projects and own projects with limited supervision.
- Keep up with a fast-paced and varied day-to-day schedule.
- Help coordinate post-production workflow and occasionally support freelance editors, ensuring they meet expectations.
- 4+ years of experience with all forms of video producing and editing.
- An excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and how to tell a story in as little time as possible.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, PhotoShop, Media Encoder and After Effects etc.)
- Knowledge of color correction and sound mixing.
- 2+ years of experience with video production working with DSLR cameras, lighting and editing.
- 2+ years proven experience creating compelling content for the web in the creative, sponsored content or advertising space.
- Ability to communicate well with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to create and communicate pitch decks and concepts.
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning and really going for it.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- Willing to get your hands dirty and create solutions in the midst of ambiguity and, at times, with limited resources
- Understands the value of cross-functional collaboration towards better understanding and serving customer needs
- You are creative and have a sense of humor
- You have a demonstrated interest and alignment with our mission
- Permanently authorized to work in the US
Instructions to Apply
Submit a resume with a cover letter (optional) to: email@example.com. In your email, please explain your interest in the position and what you would bring to the company and the team. Be prepared to share references and a portfolio of previous work examples relevant to the essential job duties, upon request.
About The Company
OnlySky Media, Inc. is a new, independent digital media company that delivers world-class journalism, storytelling, and commentary from a secular perspective. We are focused on advocating for and serving eighty four million+ religiously unaffiliated Americans across digital, podcasts, streaming, live events, video and social media. We are a mission driven private company, and our content and community platform is designed to inspire cultural and civic engagement.