Social Media Manager
Location/Work Schedule: Full-time, Remote with flexible schedule, Monday through Friday
About the Role
Utilizing best practices and the latest research, you will develop and implement a cohesive and compelling social media strategy to introduce our company’s brand to the world at launch and build our following from hundreds of thousands to tens of millions (visitors/users/registered members). The ideal candidate for this role has a strong general marketing background, superior presentation, writing, design and communication skills, and demonstrated experience managing digital channels and creating digital written and visual content. You will use a data-driven approach to constantly improve results with a focus on driving user engagement, time spent, page views, and subscriptions.
Our company is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as practiced values in the workplace. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and consider it critical to our mission to employ a staff that is representative of the diverse community we seek to serve.
- Create and manage all published social content including images and written content for company’s social media accounts including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Identify and engage our target audience
- Research and monitor social media trends to identify relevant opportunities for increasing the brand’s visibility
- Develop and implement editorial calendar in collaboration with our Marketing Director and Editorial Director
- Follow and engage with key players and stakeholders in the topic areas in which our publication specializes
- Develop a distinct, memorable voice for the brand online and position us a leader in the space
- Create and maintain a regular tracking and reporting mechanism for progress on social channels.
- Regularly monitor our social media performance and share results bi-weekly with the team, documenting best practices and guidelines as we learn what works.
- Work with our Advocacy Director to establish social media partnerships with other groups in the space, influencers with a track record in the subject area, celebrity backers, and other partners. Identify mutually beneficial ways to leverage existing brands to advance company objectives.
- Create interactive opportunities for followers and subscribers to engage with us online
- Oversee earned and paid advertising on social channels, including development of assets, purchasing placements, tracking results, and optimizing for performance. Manage a dedicated budget for social media advertising, with a focus on aligning spend to key objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with or within underserved populations
- 3-5+ years of similar work experience within marketing communications for social platforms
- Detailed knowledge of social scheduling, monitoring, and tracking tools
- Strong ability to work within analytics tools including Google Analytics, to monitor performance and adapt strategy accordingly.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships, including with internal and external stakeholders
- Up-to-speed on current digital and social trends and best practices
- You are creative and have a sense of humor
- You have a demonstrated interest and alignment with our mission
- Detail-oriented: You are highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Permanently authorized to work in the US
- You thrive in fast-paced startup environment and are comfortable moving seamlessly between high-level strategy and in-the-weeds execution
- Ability to assist with graphic design, including strong knowledge of Photoshop, Canva, and other design tools
Instructions to Apply
Submit a resume with a cover letter (optional) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please explain your interest in the position and what you would bring to the company and the team. Be prepared to share references and a portfolio of previous work examples relevant to the essential job duties, upon request.
About The Company
Only Sky Media, Inc. is a new, independent digital media company that delivers world-class journalism, storytelling, and commentary from a secular perspective. We are focused on advocating for and serving eighty four million+ religiously unaffiliated Americans across digital, podcasts, streaming, live events, video and social media. We are a mission driven private company, and our content and community platform is designed to inspire cultural and civic engagement.
The company is an equal opportunity employer that highly values team diversity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law.