A couple days ago The Huffington Post wrote an article about Major Mack, a Christian author, and his ideas about female masturbation and its demonic origins. Mack has written several e-books with titles like “Seduced by the Serpent: Yoga and Tantric Sex Revealed,” and “Hedonsim: Destroying Demonic Sexual Strongholds.” This self-proclaimed expert warns Christians about demonic sexual rituals and the dangers of masturbation. In his book “Diva, Goddess, Queen” Mack writes:
“Many of you who are reading this have sex toys in your possession right now. And whether you want to accept it as fact or not, those sex toys are an open portal between the demonic realm and your own life. As long as you have those sex toys in your home, you have a doorway that can allow demons to not only access your life at will, but also to torment you, hinder and destroy certain parts of your life as it relates to sex and your relationships.” (emphasis mine)
My response to this insane claim is: Sex Demon, I love you. Thank you for everything you have given me.
What My Sex Demon Has Brought into My Life
I have a growing collection of sex toys and I play with them all. And according to Planned Parenthood, masturbation has many benefits, both mental and physical. Self-pleasure has been empirically proven to accomplish each of the following:
- Enhance sex with partners, physically and emotionally: Mutual masturbation built a completely new layer of trust between me and my partner. Thank you, Sex Demon.
- Help people learn how they like to be touched and stimulated sexually: Before I started masturbating regularly, my sexual relationships were completely one-sided. I enjoyed sex, but I did not know myself well. Thank you, Sex Demon, for teaching me more about myself.
- Increase the ability to have orgasms: The sex toys you came in on have helped me experience orgasms. Sex Demon, I love you.
- Improve relationship and sexual satisfaction: Thank you Sex Demon, for you and your dildos have deepened my relationship with my partner.
- Improve sleep: Sex Demon, thank you for helping me slumber. You have given me some of the best naps ever.
- Provide sexual pleasure for people without partners, including the elderly: You are so generous, SD.
- Provide sexual pleasure for people who choose to abstain from sexual activities with another person: Sex Demon, you and I understand that human beings are sexual creatures. You are amazing for giving us ways to fulfill those urges even when we have chosen to abstain.
- Reduce and release stress: I have lost count the number of times you have helped relieve my stress, providing me with the energy to orgasm and banish the tension and anxiety from my mind.
- Ease sexual tension: SD, you have been there when no one else was.
- Relieve menstrual cramps and muscle tension: Thank you, SD. I learned in church that God punished women for “original sin” by making childbirth—and by proxy our periods—a living hell. When I play with you, though, you take away my pain, providing me with a way to orgasm, which is a natural pain reliever. You are awesome.
- Strengthen muscle tone in the pelvic and anal areas, Reducing women’s chances of involuntary urine leakage and uterine prolapse. What can I say? You never cease to amazing me, Sex Demon.
In short, if inviting a sex demon into my life is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
There are many many more anecdotal evidences for the health benefits of masturbation, and every day we learn something new as science continues to study the human body. But from what little I have experienced, if these are the consequences for inviting a sex demon into my home, it can stay.
[Image Source: Solostocks]