Here’s an interesting thread on Ask Reddit: “Theists of reddit, what are some of the questions you have for atheists?”
There are several worth skipping — and several that we might categorize as Atheism 101 — but I thought these questions (some of which are paraphrased) led to some great responses:
- Do atheists get mad at other atheists who give them a bad reputation?
- Do you ever have doubts, like we do?
- Does your atheism affect how you view horror movies/stories/fiction?
- When interacting with non-annoying religious people, do you view their beliefs as a set of personal choices to be respected or as an indicator that they are not someone you want to associate with?
As one commenter noted, given how many responses there are, it’s entertaining to sort them by “most controversial.” If you do that, these are among the ones floating to the top of the list:
- Do you get your jollies by going around on social media and ousting religious people for no reason at all?
- Why do you think anybody else cares?
Feel free to respond to any of the questions below if you’d prefer to avoid Reddit.
(Image via Shutterstock)