WordPress Product Lead
Pale Blue Dot Studio
Position: WordPress Product Lead
Location/Work Schedule: Full-time, Remote with flexible schedule, Monday through Friday
Salary Range: Competitive
About the Role
A new, independent, innovative digital media company serving the US nonreligious community seeks an enthusiastic WordPress Product Lead. You will play a critical role in bringing our new product to market, working in close collaboration with our design team and the editorial team that will be using the platform. You will work with our team to extract business requirements, translate them into detailed product specifications, and guide the team to make the best decisions with all trade-offs considered. As the Wordpress product lead, you will be responsible for architecting and delivering a seamless product experience that will maximize user engagement. You will be the primary point of contact for vendors on all things technical, ensuring that our various plugins and services are seamlessly integrated. Prior to and after we launch the product, you will conduct analyses to identify opportunities to improve our users’ experiences.
A successful candidate will be creative, data-driven, passionate about our mission, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment. If you’re someone with deep experience in Wordpress looking for an opportunity to gain experience in product management, this is the role for you—we need someone who can not only support the product, but who can also think creatively about technology solutions and how to best align them with our business priorities.
Our company is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as practiced values in the workplace. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background and consider it critical to our mission to employ a staff that is representative of the diverse community we seek to serve.
- Collaborate with the team on translating user experience into the right Wordpress solutions
- Demonstrated experience working with or within underserved populations
- Liaise between our team and vendors
- Research, evaluate, and make recommendations for plugins and software solutions
- Oversee integration of all plugins and third party services, troubleshooting and resolving any issues that come up
- Oversee product testing pre-launch and provide rapid response troubleshooting when we launch
- Ensure that our users have a best-in-class experience on mobile
- 5+ years of experience with WordPress and modern web development
- HTML5, CSS, PHP, responsive design
- You thrive in fast-paced startup environments and are comfortable moving seamlessly between high-level strategy and in-the-weeds execution
- Demonstrated mastery of Wordpress and the ecosystem of Wordpress plugins
- Detail-oriented: You are highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- You have a demonstrated interest and alignment with our mission
- Demonstrated experience working with creative teams
- Permanently authorized to work in the US
- UX/UI experience
- SEO, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
- Experience with WooCommerce and other key Wordpress adjacent technologies
Instructions to Apply
Submit a resume with a cover letter (optional) to: email@example.com. In your email, please explain your interest in the position and what you would bring to the company and the team. Be prepared to share references and a portfolio of previous work examples relevant to the essential job duties, upon request.
About The Company
Pale Blue Dot Studio is a new, independent, innovative digital media company that delivers world-class journalism, storytelling, and commentary from a secular perspective. We are focused on advocating for and serving eighty four million+ religiously unaffiliated Americans across digital, podcasts, streaming, live events, video and social media. We are a mission driven private company, and our content and community platform is designed to inspire cultural and civic engagement. Our brand is scheduled to launch at the end of 2021.
The company is an equal opportunity employer that highly values team diversity. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law.